I'm back!!

Hello everyone 大家好...

Guess what? I actually survived and made it back to Brunei from the Lanjak-Entimau Scientific Expedition! I was in the jungle in the middle of Borneo for the past two weeks where there is no reception or any sort of communication to the outside world... living with hundred plus or so strangers apart from my team. And here I am back to civilization to deliver more of my nonsense so be prepare... (hehehehe...)


This banner was hanging in Sibu Airport to welcome participants of the Expedition


So much had happened during the Expedition I don't even know where to start... Here's a list of things that I acquired during the expedition:

1. An amazing experience for my first ever expedition – Million thanks to Dr. Joseph Charles for choosing me to join the team and billion thanks to Dato Hamdillah for personally funded our entire trip.


The best lecturer in the whole world, Dr. Joseph K. Charles!


2. Newly adopted siblings - BB, Faye, Salwa, Syidah, Bon, Metis, Azman & Andery – Thank you all so much for the support, care and team spirit you guys had given me throughout the expedition (especially when enduring the bitch in me *apologetic*)

BB, the best 'big sis' ever!

Faye, the most observant of us all and a professional photographer too!

Salwa, the cutest bird enthusiast ever!

Syidah, never fail to entice others with her beauty even in the middle of nowhere.

Bon, couldn't bear parting with electronic gadgets.

Metis and the mantis!

Azman, the shy and yet so funny one.

Andery, the youngest of us all.

3. A bronze tan - My worst ever sunburn! I'm now probably 5 shades darker than I used to be... *sniff*

Four burnt arms!


4. Hundreds of mosquito and sand fly bite marks on my legs and arms - And they itch like hell! I couldn't stop scratching! And yes I look diseased, all the scratching and bleeding! I wonder when the marks will disappear and I don’t think it’ll be anytime soon *sigh*

5. Leech bite marks – Yes! My first ever encounter with a leech! And best of all, it was documented (hehehe...)


I got leech-ed on my heel!

6. Track suits with tear and holes in them – That’s what you’ll get walking through forest trails with high rattan density with horrible thorny stems and a barbed wire fence which you need to cross over quite often.

7. Better stamina and better developed leg muscles – That’s from the 100+ stair steps per trip made from the dining area to the hostel (where we reside).

8. A strong dislike towards rice, sardines, pumpkin and salted fish – The meals (lunch and dinner) served everyday for 2 weeks consist of those mentioned. I don’t think anyone of us can take it anymore (hahaha...).

9. Encountered many different species of rats and birds that I've never seen before *giddy* - The best part!


I'll stop here for now regarding the Expedition... If anyone wants to know more about the Expedition, I'll be more than happy to fill in the details because I seriously need help on where to start.



Back to civilization... The next day after returning back from Sibu, the team met up for lunch in Escapade, Gadong. Oh how I miss sushi... how I miss sitting in a proper air-conditioned restaurant and eating what I love to eat... Yummy~

This is what you get after being tucked away from good food for so long.


Went to UBD after lunch and received my result slip. We are probably the last UBDians to find out about our results (hahaha...) My grades were OK but I could've done better. I tell myself this every semester (hahaha...) My coursework pulls my grades down a little though... (hehehe...) because of the common disease known as laziness!

Showed my *ehem* my result slip and he congratulated me for improving a grade and said he'll give me a reward. And guess what he bought me today...


My new Adidas CC Daroga Woman (BND 79.90)

Thank you so much my Love *mwuah* Woohoo~ I'm so going to the gym tomorrow!


Goodnight everyone 大家晚安... Sleep tight and sweet dreams...

心量大福報就大。。。
(The greater our generosity, the greater our blessings...)

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Vivacious Miladies. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.